Saturday, January 14, 2012

Daniel Fast 2012: Day Five


Make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. Matt. 28:19


Rock International Tribe

Daniel Fast 2012: Day Five

Enjoying God as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit......


Dear Ones,


“The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you all. Amen.” – 2 Cor. 13:14

Who God is - is a gigantic venture that we will explore forever. But, we can know Him. In recent months, instead of trying to comprehend, analyze and make metaphors of the Trinity to better understand God, I started just enjoying the blessing of One God being Our Father (and my father), Jesus, the Son, and the Holy Spirit; and interacting within that relationship. Along with this, the indwelling Spirit has brought His “All-ness” into me. All of who He is (Father, Son and Spirit) to transform all of who we are. This is exciting!

As I meditate and interact with His diverseness, it ministers to and renovates the different parts of my being:

Oh, I need him as my Father – don’t you? He gives me deep love, identity, royalty, a sense of belonging, purpose, a refuge, son-ship and he is so fascinating. My orphaned heart is being healed – displaced by his affirming love. I am part of a grand family. And He is routing for me and celebrating my life whether I take baby steps or hit a home run. I walk under His smile of favor.

And when I consider Jesus, the Son of God. He is my hero, my friend and big brother. Oh to follow in His footsteps. Or even more so, let him animate me to make footsteps together. As I look at him in my heart and thoughts, and talk to him who lives in me, we take off on an adventure. What a friend who gave his life for me! He is always there. And when I use His Name, all heaven and earth stand at attention. He gives me real kingdom authority and power. He always knows what to do. I am never on my own. I call on him to break into my life just as much as I do to breakout. Jesus – Wow!

It still gets better. I am indwelled by the Spirit of God! Oh, I could fall off my chair and worship, laugh and shout! He gives me LIFE and connects me with the fullness of the Father and Son. He is the best teacher and comforter, and guides my thoughts into the mind of God. He is always helping me stay in a kingdom mindset and release the supernatural way of heaven on earth. His character is loving, humble, kind and patient, while He releases so much power – whew! I am amazed by Him and love Him.

Mmmmm – the three-fold blessing of our One God. I haven’t figured Him out totally, but I thought you might take a day and enjoy Him with me.

M. John Cava (and wife Joanne)

(Fort Mill, South Carolina)


Rock Tribe- An international spiritual family called to reclaim Christ's kingdom by serving as a catalyst to help revitalize and reform the church, plant new churches, and transform cities for the glory of God.
Rock International
PO Box 472
Fort Collins, CO  80522

No comments:

Post a Comment