Thursday, January 26, 2012

Daniel Fast 2012: Day Eighteen


Sing to the Lord a new song; sing to the Lord, all the earth. Sing to the Lord, praise his name; proclaim his salvation day after day. Declare his glory among the nations, his marvelous deeds among all people. Psalm 96:1-3
Is this email not displaying correctly?
View it in your browser.

Rock International Tribe

Daniel Fast 2012: Day Eighteen

Dear Family of God,

What I do to get to know God better...

A couple years ago, I read the Bible thru in a year for the first time in my life. I have been a believer for over 30 years and have never done this. Since then I have done it again and finished end of 2011 and decided to do it every year now. I have been completely amazed at the depth and scope of supernatural understanding and the knowledge of God that has grown for me in doing this...truly God gets to plant spiritual seed in our hearts that grows as we present to Him the garden of our heart and allow  Him free reign to plant and tend it. I would encourage you, if you have not done this... to make the commitment, and see how God returns to you in many ways that are without end.

What I do to help others know God better...

It is easy in this life to allow ourselves to get squeezed into a moment or segment of time when we may be experiencing difficulty. We are bombarded by the preaching of the gospel of this world system 24 x 7... I try to remind others (and myself) that we are living in eternity right now...  that the enemy of  our souls is not going to run this place forever, that we are strangers and aliens... sojourners in a foreign land that one day will be run under the headship of our King. Eternal perspective eases the angst of many things in this life... its also important to remember that our loving Father uses suffering and difficulty to forge and shape Christ in us...

I hope this Daniel Fast finds you drawn deeper and deeper into Him...

Mike Whited
(Loveland, Colorado)
 follow on Twitter | friend on Facebook | forward to a friend 
Rock Tribe- An international spiritual family called to reclaim Christ's kingdom by serving as a catalyst to help revitalize and reform the church, plant new churches, and transform cities for the glory of God.
 
Rock Tribe Intl
PO Box 472
Fort Collins, CO   80522

No comments:

Post a Comment