Thursday, January 19, 2012

Daniel Fast 2012: Day Eleven


I am still confident of this: I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Psalm 27:13-14
Is this email not displaying correctly?
View it in your browser.

Rock International Tribe

Daniel Fast 2012: Day Eleven

This Helps Me Know and Love God Better… 

    I simply spend extended periods of time waiting on the Lord. What do I mean by waiting on the Lord? When I wait on the Lord I find a quiet place, sit, without talking, and wait on Him to do whatever He wants. During these times I don’t listen to worship music or read Christian books but rather I devote myself to hearing and experiencing the Lord for myself. I am not saying that worship music or Christian writings are bad but rather I want to trust the Lord to give me a deep experience of Him apart from a Christian writer or artist’s experience or perspective. He is a good Father and if we ask Him for bread he will not give us a stone (Matt. 7:7-11) but rather it says in Hebrews 11:6, “But without faith it is impossible to please Him: for he that cometh to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of them that diligently seek Him.(Emphasis added) During these times the Lord is calling a people to Himself that are wholly devoted to knowing Him and being resourced by Him so that He may
be glorified and so that the nations will look upon Him and rejoice! For He IS Emmanuel! GOD WITH US! And He will meet with you if you seek Him!
“Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and eat with him, and he with me.The one who conquers, I will grant him to sit with me on my throne, as I also conquered and sat down with my Father on his throne.He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.” Revelation 2:20-22

This Is How I Help Others To Know and Love God Better…

    I encourage people to cultivate a lifestyle of thanksgiving and praise! Psalm 100:4 says, “Enter his gates with thanksgiving, and his courts with praise!” When a person begins bringing the Lord thanksgiving and praise they activate their Spirit man that is currently seated with Him in heavenly places (Ephesians 2:4-6) and join with all of heaven in worship and praise to The KING! Both thanksgiving and praise are integral parts to experiencing His presence and there is even a progression in the previously stated scripture. Thanks giving brings a person to the gates of the Lord but praise causes a person’s Spirit to go into the Lord’s courts and presence even more. Practically speaking I encourage people, when they begin worship, to begin thanking the Lord. Thank him for His provision. Thank Him for making it possible for us to know Him. And then I encourage people to move into praise. Praise is much different than thanksgiving. For instance, when a man thanks his wife he may say, “THANK YOU honey for cooking such a great meal!” But when a man praises his wife he would say something like, “You are so Amazing and so Beautiful! I LOVE you and I am truly blessed to be your husband!” So also I encourage people to come out of their comfort zone and find ways to tell God that He is AMAZING!
The Lord has been teaching me how to live a lifestyle of thanksgiving and praise and it has catapulted me out of depression and despair into His presence in the every day. I would encourage all people to begin with 5 minutes of thanksgiving and praise in the mornings but would also encourage people to immediately start thanking him when something contrary to what they want happens. It is completely the opposite of what the flesh wants in the moment but a person will notice that as they do this in hard situations they will move into a place where they are almost always walking in joy and happiness no matter what the circumstance. As we all learn this discipline together I pray that the world will look on us and marvel at how GREAT OUR GOD IS and that HE DELIVERS HIS PEOPLE!!!!!

To God Be The Glory!

Jay Johnson
(Laramie, WY)

Rock Tribe- An international spiritual family called to reclaim Christ's kingdom by serving as a catalyst to help revitalize and reform the church, plant new churches, and transform cities for the glory of God.
Rock Tribe Intl.
PO Box 472
Ft Collins, CO  80522

No comments:

Post a Comment