Thursday, January 12, 2012

Daniel Fast 2012: Day Three


But whatever was to my profit I now consider loss for the sake of Christ. What is more, I consider everything a loss compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them rubbish, that I may gain Christ and be found in Him. Phil. 3:7-8
Is this email not displaying correctly?
View it in your browser.

Rock International Tribe

Daniel Fast 2012: Day Three

This helps me know Jesus.......


For my personal devotional life I've been using a One-Year Bible for probably 10 years now, and typically read through 1-2 times per year. While I read, I have worship music playing, and I take breaks in reading when I sense the Spirit is speaking to me. I'll then pray through, or listen to, whatever I sense the Lord is speaking to me. Sometimes I'll just stop and worship for a while. I like to read until I get a clear word, or "rhema" word from the Lord for the day. The Word is central to me in motivation, direction, and inspiration, and is the engine for engaging the Holy Spirit with my spirit. I've used the same Bible for so long, that most every page has portions circled and underlined. At the end of each complete reading (once or twice a year) I go through and read just the portions I've marked. This is especially rich, and only takes me a couple of weeks. This is how I do my alone time with God!

Kevin Roosien
(Grand Rapids, Michigan)


This helps me share Jesus with others.....

One practical thing that I do to help other people know God better is to try to be a good listener.  I try to take in what they are saying so
they know they have been heard.  I feel like God hears us, and gives us His undivided attention, He never slumbers nor sleeps.  So I try to show this particular characteristic of God to others as best as I can.

Terri Roosien
(Grand Rapids, Michigan)

Rock International
PO Box 472
Ft Collins, CO  80522

No comments:

Post a Comment