Saturday, January 14, 2012

Daniel Fast 2012: Day Six


I am the good shepherd; I know my sheep and my sheep know me - just as the Father knows me and I know the Father - and I lay down my life for the sheep. I have other sheep that are not of this sheep pen. I must bring them also. They too will listen to my vioice, and there shall be one flock and one shepherd. John 10:14-16

Rock International Tribe

Daniel Fast 2012: Day Six

Hearing our Father's voice.......

My Dear Familia In Christ,

We all long to know and love our Father better.  So here is what I do for that to happen:

I intentionally ask the Father to speak to me, to allow me to hear His voice not only through His word but through my wife and children. Its exciting for me to not only hear the Spirit through my family but I am also hearing him through the children at our school and through regular people as I go about my daily activities. This helps me love the Father even more as I force myself to tune out the daily clutter allowing me to hear His constant whispers.
 
Today I walked into a convenience store slighty irritated about a pressing issue that was stealing my focus and energy. I walked up to the register to pay when the "grumpy" looking cashier (an older lady) asked me how my day was going, I lied and told her "great". I then obligatorily asked her how her day was going. She replied "hopefully better after I get the doctors results". The fear and hurt that I heard in her voice immediatley convicted me of my selfishness and I felt an overwhelming sense of compassion start to rise up in me. We weren't able to have an extended converstion following that exchange but I was able to encourage her and as I walked over to my truck I prayed for healing and the Fathers will over her life. 
 
One practical thing I do to help other people know the Father better is that I am learning to be a better listener. I am trying to hear peoples hearts more than I am the words they are speaking. I am asking myself, did I really hear what they were saying or was I too busy filling in the blanks with what I wanted to hear. In doing this I feel I am reflecting the heart of the Father more than mine.
 
Blessings and lots of love,
 
Ray and Emma De La Cruz  (with their children Ray Jr., Naomi, Nathan)
El Paso, Texas
 
Rock Tribe- An international spiritual family called to reclaim Christ's kingdom by serving as a catalyst to help revitalize and reform the church, plant new churches, and transform cities for the glory of God.
Rock International
PO Box 472
Ft Collins, CO   80522
 

No comments:

Post a Comment