Saturday, January 28, 2012

Daniel Fast 2012: Day Twenty


Father, I have made you known to them, and will continue to make you known, in order that the love you have for me may be in them and that I myself may be in them. Jesus Christ (John 17:26)
Is this email not displaying correctly?
View it in your browser.

Rock International Tribe

Daniel Fast 2012: Day Twenty

Dear Family in Christ,

Our cousin Silvia just sent us an itune gift, a song by OneRepublic called "Made For You".  You can hear this song and read the lyrics on Youtube:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=No3FmavI2qI

The song starts like this:  "I was writing, thinking with my long hand. Put dream to paper. Everything was sinking. Then start to wonder how you're going to handle me? When I'm under, swimming in the darkest sea?
The answer comes in the chorus, "Everybody wants you to make it...it's all yours. Everybody wants you to take it....it's all yours. Can you feel all the love? Can you feel all the love? It was made for you!" Next verse, "Tell me something, something that will move me. Tell me lies and I swear you're going to lose me. In like an ocean, jealous of the fish. It feeds your devotion swimming inside of me."  Chorus: "Can you feel all the love?" Everybody wants you to make it, it's all yours! Can you feel all the love? Everybody wants you to take it, it's all yours!"

Have you ever been under deep discouragement and oppression? Have you ever felt like you were swimming all alone in the darkest sea? When you were that desperate, that needy and vulnerable, did you wonder how God (and His people) were going to handle you? What were you believing in your heart? At times like this (and at all times), we don't need lies. We need the TRUTH.  We need a supernatural revelation of God's love. We need an experiential encounter with the love of God.  Often, it comes through "all the right friends and all the right places". God has filled the universe with His love. He is literally bombarding you with His love every second. It just takes the "eyes of our hearts to open", so that we can see and receive. Eph. 1:17-19

Praying biblical prayers each day has helped us to hold onto the truth of God's love when life seems to be undermining the TRUTH.  You might want to pray this right now:  "Dear Father, I pray that out of Your glorious riches, You will strengthen me with power through Your Spirit in my inner being, so that Christ may dwell in my heart through faith. And I pray that I (we), being rooted and established in love, may have power, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge - that I will be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God."  Ephesians 3:14-21  Can you imagine yourself walking around the planet saturated in the love of God, and filled to overflowing with the fullness of God? That is exactly God's intention for you!

We are at a time in history when "love has grown cold". Matt. 24:12   When we radiate God's love to a lost and dying world, the contrast is staggering. Love is so rare, that when the real God-sourced love flows from us, it is like a sweet jolt from heaven to unbelievers. Authentic love accompanied with the TRUTH will liberate people who are captives of deception and rejection.

Our prayer is that you will experientially encounter the love of God each and every day. And that His love would steadily flow from you to those who are broken, vulnerable and lost.

With His Affection,

Tim & Janet Johns
(Ft Collins, CO)

 follow on Twitter | friend on Facebook | forward to a friend 
Rock Tribe- An international spiritual family called to reclaim Christ's kingdom by serving as a catalyst to help revitalize and reform the church, plant new churches, and transform cities for the glory of God.
Rock Tribe Intl
PO Box 472
Ft Collins, CO   80522

No comments:

Post a Comment